Steve Smith is celebrating his 33th Birthday on June 2, 2022. Smith started his Career as a Leg-Spinner and now he is currently the Best Test Batsman of this generation and one of the best of all time Test Cricketers.
Steve Smith made his debut in 2010 and he has scored 8010 runs in 85 Tests with a spectacular average of 59.8 (stat record till 2 june 2022). His numbers literally speaks for himself and the kind of batsman he is.
Steve Smith holds some of the great Test Records under his name which will be difficult to break in future.
- Steve Smith was the Test Player of the Year in 2015 and 2017 and only cricketer in the history to be honored more than once.
- Smith was declared as the Test Player of the Decade (2010-20).
- Steve Smith has the record of most runs in a Test series- He scored 774 runs in Test Series against England in 2019. He had also scored 769 against India in a Test Series played in 2014 which is 2nd highest runs scored by a batsman in a single Test Series.
- Among Active Players Steve Smith is the fastest to reach to 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000 and 8000 Test Runs.
- Steve Smith has a record for the youngest Cricketer to be honored with ICC Cricketer of the Year’s Award.
Smith was Australia’s Captain from 2015 to 2018 till the Sandpaper Incident on South Africa tour. He had to face an year’s Ban due to that and lost his Captaincy as well.
After that his form was a bit of concern him and he has been struggling to score a century. However, he has scored 27 Test Centuries, joint most by an active player in Test Cricket. Players like Steve Smith are born once in a century, and the cricketing world is lucky to witness his skills and his dominance in World Cricket.